How do QR codes work? How can I make one?
Here’s how they work. First of all, it is staggeringly simple to make a QR Code. Although I’d love to say that it takes hours of coding and work on “the interwebs” to make a QR code, I’m hereby pulling back the curtain on the wizard. It ain’t rocket science. All you have to do is this:
- Identify your data (i.e., the URL for the content you want to folks to access).
- Open your web browser and select one of the many QR Code generators. Here’s one I use: http://qrcode.kaywa.com/
- Enter the URL. Click enter or generate or whatever action button you use.
- Download the resulting image using whatever process you prefer (I like the right click save options).
- Print it out, put it up! Tweet your tweeple! Amaze your friends! Show it off to your boss!
As an educator, I still think the most important step is #1…but I’ll get to that in the next post.